Friday 12 October 2012

I Am My Own Brand Manager


The highlight of my week was a conference call with my senior publicist and marketing manager at Wiley. We talked about the promotion plan for Change with Confidence. I was keen to share my thoughts but have learnt that when speaking with experts it's best to let them go first and listen really well.

My book is slated for publishing in mid-March and the plan works back from then. We spoke about the press release, promotional copies for media contacts and potential article opportunities. 


Justin, I could use some advice
Although I will get great support from the Wiley team, I know that I am accountable for building awareness of my book and me, the guy who wrote it. I need to be the brand manager of my own brand. This is no surprise because I have heard it many times during my research. What was surprising is that I need to take on this role now. The publicity and marketing stage of my journey has begun and I am already behind. 

Here are my top priorities:

- Design and launch a Change with Confidence web site
- Build my Google+ profile and presence 
- Connect with affiliate publicist teams around the world to gain their support
- Write a series of articles based on the content of my book

The call was as exciting as I thought it would be. Talking about my "platform" and "SEO" (search engine optimization) made me feel like a brand. For Change with Confidence to achieve its potential, I need to become one.

Phil

No comments:

Post a Comment