Friday 3 July 2015

How to Spend an 8-hour Layover at Tokyo Narita Airport


This week, I co-facilitated workshops in New Jersey and Singapore. There was just enough time to travel between the two locations through Tokyo.

I am back in Tokyo, 5 hours into an 8-hour layover. It's a luxury to have so much time to do what you please, even if you are jet lagged. Here is how I have spent my time:
  • Have a shower
  • Rehydrate (often)
  • Eat (three times)
  • Charge my phone and laptop
  • Get caught up on current affairs
  • Observe fellow traveler
  • Time how long it takes for the background music to loop (60 minutes)
  • Get caught up on email 
  • Look at local newspapers to see what is newsworthy
  • Work on a review of a management book (a future blog post)
  • Write down lessons learned from the two workshops
  • Create a to-do list
  • Long-term plan
  • Buy mementos for loved ones
  • Write this blog post
International travel still fascinates me (even when I am jet lagged). One more for the list: Be grateful for these experiences.

Phil

No comments:

Post a Comment