Friday 4 May 2012

The Second Time Around

The First Time Around
On Sunday, I will be running in the GoodLife Fitness Toronto Marathontwenty-nine weeks since I ran my first marathon on October 16th.  My goal is to run a 4 hour and 10 minute race, which is 19 minutes and 26 seconds faster than my first one when I ran injured. I adjusted my training program based on the lessons from my first marathon. Here's how I did:







One of my favourite quote is from Muhammad Ali who said, "The fight is won or lost far away from the witnesses – behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." I am confident that my training has prepared me but anything can happen on the day. That's what makes it so exciting! Phil
My last week of a 29 week, 831 mile training program

2 comments:

  1. 4.08 man!!!! Woohoo! Congrats! Mel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mel. My legs seized up for the last 10 miles but I managed to cross the finish line and achieve my goal!

    ReplyDelete