Friday 25 May 2012

So, what are you going to do to sell your book?

P.T. Barnum said, "A terrible thing happens when you don't promote yourself...nothing." I'm sure this is true for authors so I jumped into writing my Promotion Plan with vigour. The goal is to state what I will do to sell my book (with vigour). There are many articles about how the author (not publisher) must drive awareness and sales. If not, then something terrible happens. 


Passion, confidence, and commitment are three themes I have  woven into my promotion plan. It has six elements:



Book Distribution to Audience Influencer: Sending copies to members of my three target audiences: leaders working on big changes (my primary target), post-secondary teachers and students, and Kraft and Cadbury employees and supporters.


Social Media Notifications:Communication about my book to my networks and business associations.


Magazines  and Blogs: Reviews, interviews, and serializing content in magazines and blogs.


Keynote Speaking Engagements: Presentations at conferences, association meetings, and schools.


Book Web Site: A dedicated site including this blog, author Q&A, chapter summaries and support materials.


Award Submissions: Participation in media and association award programs.

Please let me know if I missed any promotion opportunities. I would appreciate your thoughts.


I just bought Michale Hyatt's Platform: Get Noticed in a Noisy World to fortify my plan. He is offering $350 of bonus resources if you buy a copy by the end of today. Now that's a promotion!


Phil

No comments:

Post a Comment