Friday 1 June 2012

On the Air

 I had the pleasure of co-presenting at the DRIVING CHANGE: What does it really take to succeed? event hosted by the Strategic Leadership Forum. It was exhilarating being in front of an audience again. Presenting has been a large part of my career and it felt like home standing in front of a great group of professionals. I also appreciate working with amazing co-presenters and organizers during the months leading up to the session. Being part of an engaged team is a privilege, which I miss. A party of one is not always a party.


Here are the "things to remember" I jotted down after the session:


On the air!
  - Think like the audience
  - It's about the stories
  - Less is more
  - Pictures are worth a 1,000 words
  - Props are good when used sparingly
  - Different perspectives work really well together
  - Preparation is key
  - There's so much to learn from everyone


Phil, Sheila Legon, Len Nanjad, and Gail Severini
A highlight happened just before my presentation. Someone I had worked with many years ago had sent an email about me to the leader of the event, Gail, which she read out as my introduction, just like at a wedding. I was blown away by the kindness of the note especially since she had sent it from the US and would have attended with more notice. I am feeling gratitude for my friend from long ago and everyone who made this event a success. Thank you.


Phil

No comments:

Post a Comment